fbq('track', 'PageView');

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can you hold a place before I apply?

    Unfortunately, no. We require an approved application and full security deposit to hold a property.
  • Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?

    We require your deposit in order to hold the property. Then we require your full first month’s rent prior to move in. If you move in in the middle of the month, we will prorate your second month’s rent. Last month’s rent may or may not be required as a move-in fund.
  • How old do you have to be to apply?

    We require all potential occupants 18 years and older to complete a full application and pay the $50 application fee. Students will require a guarantor for each student; guarantors must complete the full application as well.
  • Is the security deposit refundable?

    It is if the rent is fully paid, and the property is returned just as it was when you moved it. The deposit will be $200 less than the monthly rate. Please make sure to review the possible move out charges before you move out to prevent any money from being withheld from your deposit.
  • Who needs a cosigner?

    Students or other applicants that have yet to establish credit or having sufficient income to qualify.
  • You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?

    Please apply under the property listing here on our website. You will need to upload a copy of your driver’s license/photo ID and last 2 pay stubs. If you are a student, you will need to upload your ID in both sections to continue.
  • How do I pay rent?

    Online through your tenant portal or at any PayNearMe location with the bar code provided by the office staff. We do not accept any payments in the office.
  • I want to get a pet. What do I do?

    We allow pets on some properties. Please check with us for the specific requirements. Vicious breeds of dogs are not allowed on any of our properties per our insurance company. If pets are allowed, you will need to submit a pet application at https://dcp.petscreening.com/. A non refundable pet fee will be charged ($350 for first, $100 for second) and monthly pet rent will be added ($30 for first, $10 for second). You will also have to sign a pet addendum. If the pet is a support animal, you will have to provide documentation to Pet Screening. Should it be verified, you will not have to pay any fees or pet rent; however, all occupants and co-signers will have to sign an ESA addendum and you will remain responsible for any damages caused.
  • I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?

    If your roommate meets our qualifications by themselves or with a replacement tenant, then we are fine with that. We will send an addendum and charge $100 to make a change mid-lease. If they do not meet our requirements: we will either not allow it or they will have to find someone to help guarantee the lease either as a guarantor or as another tenant in the property.
  • My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?

    Please let us know as soon as you know that you do not plan to renew your lease. If you are wanting to move out before your lease expires then you will be responsible to find someone sublease your unit. We can help you find a subtenant but there is a cost associated with it.
  • Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?

    If the damage is tenant caused, then it is the tenant’s responsibility to pay for it. If it is just normal wear and tear or something is defective, then the landlord will pay for the repair.
  • What are your requirements for renting from your company?

    • No Evictions, Judgements, Bankruptcies, Landlord Collections or Felonies
    • Minimum 600 credit score
    • 3.5-4 times the monthly rent in income (Before Taxes)
    • No outstanding balances with utilities
  • Can I rent from you even though I have a prior eviction?

    Unfortunately. no. We do not allow evictions, judgements, bankruptcies, or landlord collections.
  • Can I sublease my unit?

    Potentially, however; there will be a cost associated with it.
  • Who is responsible for the lawn?

    In a multi-unit building the lawn care will be provided. The tenant is responsible in most single-family homes, but we do have some properties where lawn care is provided by the landlord. It will be listed in your lease.
  • Who is responsible for pest control?

    In a multi-unit building the pest control will be provided. The tenant is responsible in most single-family homes, but we do have some properties where pest control is provided by the landlord. It will be listed in your lease.
  • How do I report a maintenance request?

    Maintenance requests must be submitted in writing. Your tenant portal is the quickest way to submit any requests. You can also attach pictures so that we know exactly what is going on. We also have a 24/7 answering service should you need immediate assistance after hours. Submit your request online and call the main number at (205) 409-3260 to let us know. Someone will always answer to take your request.
  • Do you accept section 8?

    Not currently. Please call us if you have any further questions.
  • How do I view a property I am interested in?

    Please go to the specific property here on our website and select the “Schedule a Showing” button. You will have to answer a few pre-qualifying questions and attach a picture of your driver’s license.
  • What all do I need to apply?

    Each occupant 18 years and old will have to complete an application. You will be prompted to provide a copy of your government issued ID (driver’s license, non-driver’s ID, etc.), copies of your last 2 pay stubs or first page of your last 2 tax returns, and pay the $50 application fee each. Should you not have proof of income, you will have to upload something (ID, blank photo, etc.) in the income section to move forward.
  • How long does it take for my application to be approved?

    Usually 24-48 hours after we have everything we need.
  • I live in an apartment or multi-unit complex. How do I obtain a parking decal?

    Please send a copy of your current vehicle registration via text to (205) 409-3260. The registration must be in the name of someone on the lease. We allow 1 decal per licensed driver on the lease, max of 2 per unit unless it is a 3-bedroom unit with 3 licensed drivers on the lease – then you will be allowed 3 decals.
  • I have a complaint about the property and/or a neighbor.

    Please contact the office so that we can address the problem.